Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#57 Steamed Ginger Rice

2 Tbs dry white wine
1 1/2 Tbs finely shredded, peeled, ginger root
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbs Butter
1 cup Rice
2 cups cold water

1. Place wine, ginger, salt, butter, and water in heavy saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and stir in rice. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or till all liquid is absorbed. Toss gently with a fork before serving.

So I didn't have 'dry' white, if you know me, that's not a surprise. So I just used what I had on hand. I also totally blanked on buying ginger at the store. So I substituted dry ground ginger; 1/4 tsp dry ground = 1tsp grated fresh. So I put in a little over 1 tsp of ginger. I served it under a puffy pastry wrapped chicken breast! It was so good. For that recipe watch the video. I put some of the rice with whatever cheese I had in the fridge, which was sliced Swiss, and then wrapped that in the chicken with some of my favorite Penzey's spices. I forgot to take a picture, sorry!

Dobrou chuƄ!!!

1 comment: