1 Pkg yellow or white cake mix
1/4 cup oil
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup water
1 can ready to use pie filling
1. Pour oil into 9x13 pan, tilt to cover bottom and 1/2 inch of sides.
2. Dump cake mix, eggs, and water into pan; mix with fork to blend. Spread evenly in pan and spoon pie filling onto batter using fork to fold mix in only enough to create a marble effect.
3. Bake at 350F for 35-45mins. Cooled cake maybe sprinkled with 10-x sugar. Serve from pan.
I didn't remember what type of cake mix I had at home, so there I stood in the grocery store aisle starring at pie fillings. Apple, Cherry, Blueberry, Peach???? After like five minutes, I figured blueberry would go with whatever cake mix I had.
I decided to make my own Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
8oz cold cream cheese
1 stick unsalted butter, firm but not cold
1/8 ts salt
3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 ts vanilla
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
1. Fit an electric mixer with flat beater. Beat cream cheese, butter, salt, and zest on med-low speed until smooth & creamy, 2 to 3 mins.
2. Reduce speed to low, gradually add the confectioner's sugar & beat until incorporated.
3. Add vanilla & lemon juice just until incorporated. Do not over mix or there will be to much air. Should be creamy & dense, like ice cream.
4. If not spreadable, add milk 1 ts at a time.