Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hiking can be dangerous!






Well, I have figured out why all the people here are so skinny. They love to be outside walking around. Its been refreshing not to hear anything about TV shows, Xboxes, or computer games. When ever I ask "what did you do this weekend?" The answer is always went biking riding, hiking, worked in the garden, or made some kind of food. Well this past weekend I had the joy of going on a hike with about 30 youth! It was so much fun! The woods are very beautiful here! Of course, most of the girls were in the back chatting it up. I was talking with Jola when all of a sudden I look down. Curled up about 1 inch from my foot was a VIPER!!! I screamed and jumped. Then, of course, I took a picture. I thank the Lord so much for that 1 inch. I was 2 hours into a 4 hour hike; it would have been a long way back. About 10 minutes later a frog jump out at me and I screamed and jumped again. Everyone had a good laugh.


The fields here are a blanket of green and gold. On the way back, Jola made me a crown of dandelion flowers. It was cool to watch her make it. It definitely brought a smile to my face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment