Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spiders!!!!


So last night I killed this huge brown spider in the kitchen. I was totally grossed out. Needless to say, and a little freaked out but how it could have gotten in there. Well I decide to see if the Czech Republic has any poisonous spider; curiosity can be a dangerous thing. Well there are there are 852 different spider species here. In fact they just discovered a new poisonous one, of course, at the beginning of this year in south Moravia. They have called it Eresus Moravicus, that is the Moravian ladybird spider, whose bite provokes a several-hour fever accompanied by headache. I wonder how they found that out. Then I stumbled upon mortality stats from spider bites...I told you curiosity can be dangerous. Well, guess where CZ ranks in the world?!?! 12th, right in front of Poland. Great. If your curiosity gets the better of you, here's the site: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/mor_con_wit_ven_spi_percap-contact-venomous-spiders-per-capita.

No comments:

Post a Comment